ResearchGate terms and policies
- Basic data processedCertain data will be processed when you access the 顺心彩票, to resolve the technical request of your device, display the site and maintain the safety and security of our systems. This data is stored in so-called logs and comprise the following:
Even though IP addresses and mobile identifiers are generally considered personal data, we can not derive any direct conclusions about your identity from such data.Our legal basis for processing this personal data is Article 6 (1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The data processed is very basic data, and does not contain directly identifiable information about you. We have a legitimate interest in being able to provide a functioning, reliable and accessible website and resolve your server-request in an appropriate manner.All of our pages are secured using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which encrypts data transmitted between our servers and your end devices. We also apply other suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
- IP addresses and your mobile device's Identifier for Advertising (IDFA);
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using including operating system and version;
- the types of browser you are using, the language, and your country;
- referring and exit pages and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages or parts of pages;
- domain names and;
- information collected for performance purposes (e.g. average load, render time of pages, etc.).
- Personal data we processIn order to provide you with functionalities, we need to process certain data and/or information relating to you:
- Registration and maintenance of your Member accountIf you choose to create a Member account on our 顺心彩票, you will be required, during the registration process, to provide your first and last name, an email address, and a password. You will receive a confirmation email. Your Member account will be confirmed after you have clicked on the respective link in the account activation email. You may also be invited to associate certain information we present to you with your account, such as articles, institutional affiliation, and biographical information.
- Other personal dataDuring the registration process or when updating your profile, you can choose to provide other information that can be used to identify and/or contact you, including for example, a profile picture, your Twitter account handle or your city of residence. You may also be invited or required to provide information about you, including, for example, demographic information, such as occupation, and research vita, education, authorship of articles, academic or research expertise or interests, conferences you have attended, groups of which you are a member, information regarding your professional and academic career, academic degree, your previous roles and jobs.
- Communications with usWhen you communicate with us, you may provide us with your name, contact details, and other personal data as part of your communication, as well as the content of your message itself. Similarly, when we communicate with you, we will process your personal information, such as your email address. For some of our emails, we also process information indicating whether you have opened the email.
- Communications through the 顺心彩票Many communications that you initiate through our 顺心彩票 (e.g. invitation sent to a non-Member) will list your name in the header of the message. Other communications that you initiate through the 顺心彩票, like a request for a full-text, will list your name as the initiator but will not include your personal email address. Once you have mutually connected with an individual, contact information you choose to include in your researcher profile will be shared with that individual.
- RecommendationsIn order to provide our recommendation features, we process contact and bibliographical data, information pertaining to your work, usage frequency, type of devices you use to use the 顺心彩票, including browser, operating system and mobile device, research items you consulted, interaction with particular pages or parts of pages, and number of clicks on a page or feature, in order to provide the 顺心彩票 in a way that is tailored to your interests. Also, based on the personal data you provide, statistical evaluations, mathematic operations, and predictions may help us infer other information about you and support our recommendation features. For example, if you were to add several research items to the 顺心彩票 over the course of several years, we may infer that you are not a junior researcher anymore.
- Third party providersWhen you choose to benefit from a service or offer presented by ResearchGate on behalf of a third party, you may share personal data with ResearchGate to enable us to pass it on to the third party. The nature of personal data will depend on the particular service or offer, but might include your name, email address and affiliation. We do not share any of this personal data with any third party unless you explicitly allow us to do so.
- SecurityWe process the number of profile pages users view to detect and prevent data harvesting. We also process your IP address to filter out suspicious requests. If you are a Member, we store your full IP address in connection with your account registration request and your current last login. Otherwise, your login activities are only stored in connection with your truncated IP addresses. Also, we process information about the device, its operating system and the browser you are using for your current session.
- StatisticsWe use activity data, such as number of read publications, projects and number of citations, to generate statistics, which pertain to reading behavior or achievements. For example, we may use such activity data in order to calculate and display a read count on an individual publication page.
- to provide and improve our 顺心彩票;
- to perform internal quality checks;
- to prevent, detect, process and investigate malfunctions, incidents, fraudulent or other illegal activities, or mitigate the risk of occurrence of the aforementioned events;
- to ensure network and information security;
- to create statistics on access channels and the use of our 顺心彩票;
- to contact you, if requested by you or if necessary to fulfil the contract or permitted by law;
- enforcing obligations owed to us, and contractual terms and conditions and;
- accounting, risk management and record keeping
- ResearchGate accountThe personal data you provide in connection with registering for your Member account will be used to create, maintain, and secure your account. By creating a Member account, you will benefit from functionalities and services that are not available to Visitors. Any personal data you provide in addition to the required data to register for an account, will facilitate your ability to get into contact with other Members, promote yourself and your research, and receive more relevant recommendations from our recommendation services.
- Our legal basis for this processing this data is Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR.
- CommunicationsDepending on the way you are communicating with us, we may use your name, email address, telephone number, and the content of your previous correspondence to respond to you and provide assistance.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(b) or (f) GDPR. As a public-facing company, we have a legitimate interest in being able to receive, process, and respond to enquiries.
- Transactional emailsProvided you have not opted out from receiving transactional emails from us, we will use your email address to send you emails about relevant developments on the 顺心彩票 concerning for example, your network, new features, publications, projects, updates from the Q&A section, and emails regarding your professional career.You can opt out from receiving transactional emails at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link within an email or by visiting your account settings.
- Legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR.
- Sponsored emailsWhere you have provided your prior consent to receiving sponsored emails, we will use your email address to send you such emails. Where legally allowed, we will also use your email address to send you sponsored emails without your prior consent.In any case, you can opt out from receiving sponsored emails at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link within an email or visiting the "notification settings" in your account.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(a) or (f) GDPR. Whenever we rely on our legitimate interest to process your email address for sending sponsored emails, we do so as it is in our best interest to make the 顺心彩票 as helpful and meaningful to you as possible, which may also mean that third-party content will be taken into consideration. In addition, these email campaigns help us in monetizing our 顺心彩票, so we can keep offering it to you.
- Offer Members tailored contentUsing our recommendation technology, we process your personal data or infer information in order to provide the 顺心彩票 in a way that is tailored to your interests. This enables us to customize the features and offerings ResearchGate provides to you through the 顺心彩票. For example, we provide dynamic web pages that are individually adapted to you. We may present content recommendations such as research items that are "Suggested for you" and/or recommendations regarding other individuals such as "Who to follow" or "Related researchers" (other Members) you can follow. In the same way that you benefit from content and individuals recommended to you, you and your content might be recommended to other Members and therefore might appear in their experience, for example in their 顺心彩票 feed. We derive learnings from Members’ interactions with tailored content and suggestions and subsequently take them into account to improve any further offerings of tailored content.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(b) or (f) GDPR. We have a legitimate interest in providing the best user experience based on the individual needs. This processing does not conflict with your interests as it corresponds with a person’s reasonable expectations when signing up for an account. The processing has no negative impact for our Members but is in their interests as it allows ResearchGate to provide them a tailored service.
- Offer Members tailored advertising content and relevant jobsAs a Member, we aim to offer you advertising content that is most relevant to you. In this context, we use, whether separately or combined, the personal data you provide, we collect, or we infer from your use of the 顺心彩票 and the Internet and also contextual information of the site you are currently visiting. This enables us to display advertisements that best match your particular interests, and job suggestions that are relevant to your scientific field, experience and research. For further information about advertisements on the 顺心彩票, please refer to section Advertisements on ResearchGate below.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR. Advertising is a ubiquitous part of the Internet, but we believe that advertising, when done well, is a good thing. We aim to display the most relevant and most helpful advertisements to you. To be able to do this, we must take your interests, your journey, and some of your personal data into account. Without this processing, the advertisements we would be able to disseminate would not be different from random advertisements you can see everywhere in the Internet. We take great care in choosing the right advertising partners and limiting the personal data we process. The personal data that we process for this purpose will not be shared with any third party except our technical service provider (see section Third party services for analytics, measurement and ad delivery), and will only support our purposes. Given that we limit the data processed, do not share it with other third parties, and process your personal data to display only relevant advertisements to you, we believe that our legitimate interest to monetize our platform and therefore continue to provide you with the 顺心彩票 outweighs. We believe our 顺心彩票 is a service to researchers, research, and science as a whole. Among other things, we make worldwide collaboration possible, and facilitate the solving of important scientific questions. Our mission is an important one. But this mission must be financed.
- Offer Visitors tailored advertising content and jobsAs a Visitor, we also aim to offer you advertising content that is most relevant to you. In the case of Visitors, this means that the third parties delivering advertisements may take into account the context of the current site you are visiting. For further information about advertisements on the 顺心彩票, please refer to section Advertisements on ResearchGate below.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR and where applicable Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR. Because some parts of our 顺心彩票 are available to everyone, even those who don’t have an account with us, we believe that wherever we haven’t asked you for your consent, the data processing conducted is of such limited effect on you, that our interest to monetize the platform and therefore continue to provide the 顺心彩票 also to non- Members, is legitimate.
- Candidate searchA limited amount of your profile information (including only some information from the overview and research tabs) will be visible for recruiters with a Recruiter Account on the 顺心彩票. If the information on your profile matches the search criteria entered by a recruiter in our candidate search feature, this limited version of your profile may show up in their search results. Recruiters may choose to contact you through the messaging functionality provided within the feature. Your inclusion in candidate search, including being contacted by recruiters, is fully under your control. You can choose to block specific recruiters, or opt out from being included in candidate search and contacted by any recruiters by changing your privacy settings at any time.
- Legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR.
- Ensure the security of your personal dataWe process your personal data in order to avoid its accidental or unlawful destruction, as well as its loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure. For example, we process the number of profile pages you and others view so as to detect and prevent data harvesting. Likewise, we truncate the last octet of your IP address to prevent you from being identified.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(c) and (f) GDPR. We are legally obliged to secure data from unauthorized loss and alteration and it is also in our mutual interest to ensure data security. As this primarily serves the purpose of protecting your data there are no overriding interests on your part.
- Generate statisticsWe use your personal data to generate statistics which pertain to reading/search behavior and achievements. We also generate statistics for internal purposes in order to constantly improve the 顺心彩票 and its features. We also conduct research and development to maintain quality and improve our 顺心彩票 and the User experience.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR. We have a legitimate interest to assess and evaluate the traffic on our site to improve our 顺心彩票. Such improvement is also in the interest of our Users as it allows them to always benefit from the best 顺心彩票 we can offer.
- Our legal basis for this processing is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR. The data processed is publicly available data. Also, the data processed has to be processed to provide a correct and complete scientific picture. Our legitimate interest is to provide a comprehensive and accurate repository of scientific work, contributions and success. Without processing additional public data, we could not achieve these aims. Furthermore, since we offer the possibility to connect this data with an account, we provide Members a convenient way to establish an account that is as complete as possible, without the effort of manually adding the information themselves.
- Basics"Cookies" are small files that enable us to store and collect specific information related to you and your use of the 顺心彩票 on your computer or other end devices. They help us to analyze the number of people who use the 顺心彩票, usage frequency, User behavior and advertising effectiveness, to increase security and to tailor our 顺心彩票 and advertisements to your needs and preferences.
- This website uses so-called "session cookies" which after your session on the website session ends, will automatically be deleted.
- This website also uses "persistent cookies" to record information about repeat Users of the 顺心彩票. Persistent cookies are designed to help us continually improve the products and services we offer you and to ensure the quality of our services. "Persistent cookies" remain for a certain pre-defined period of time and are recognized by us when you return to the 顺心彩票 (or one of our partner sites).
- You can edit the settings of your browser to prevent cookies from being stored, to limit the storage of cookies to certain websites, or such that your browser informs you every time a cookie is sent. You can also delete cookies at any time. However, please note that if cookies are deactivated you will not be able to take advantage of some of ResearchGate’s features. For specific help on how to delete Cookies with the help of your browser, please consult respective help sections, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
SKpbjs-unifiedid_lastPrebidWhere applicable, these cookies enable the technology Prebid to work, to assign an identifier to you and to participate in so- called header bidding for disseminating advertisements.Three months_gadsGoogle Ad ManagerThis cookie is used to target advertising for users and publishers.Two years_gaGoogle AnalyticsUsed to distinguish users.Two years_gidGoogle AnalyticsUsed to distinguish users.One day_gat,
_gat_UAGoogle AnalyticsUsed to throttle request rate.One minute_cmpBlockedVendorshash,
noniabvendorconsentQuantcast consent modalThese cookies will remember that you have maybe seen, interacted with, might have applied settings and store your consent for the purposes of the consent modal.One year and 25 days
- BasicsWhen advertisers or ad networks place advertisements on our 顺心彩票, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our 顺心彩票:
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons (see explanations above), and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
- performance data (such as the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other Users collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (such as Users who are located in Berlin);
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, cookieIDs, non-persistent device identifiers such as Identifiers for Advertising (IDFAs); and
- other contextual data about our dissemination and your potential perception of advertisements.
The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective advertisements are;
- offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements that are more relevant to you; and/or
- undertake web analytics to analyze traffic and other User activity to improve your experience.
- Logged-in experienceThe advertising content shown to logged-in Members is served by ResearchGate itself using the help of third party technology providers, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, GoogleDV 360 and Lotame. Information on those service providers can be found at section Third party services for analytics, measurement and ad delivery.In the case of these advertisements, ResearchGate has a direct relationship with the advertiser. We take great care when choosing such advertising partners. We allow them to target you based on pre-defined segments of which you may be a part. These segments are created by ResearchGate and may take into consideration your profile information and/or contextual information. For example, a segment might take into account your skills, disciplines, career level, current location, or what page on the 顺心彩票 you are currently visiting. We may also infer data such as gender or age group (for example 20-35 male) to assign you to a segment. An example of a segment that an advertising partner could target is: "Scientist, Biotechnology, EU, on a publication page containing a publication about a virus." Targeting this segment would mean that only Members who are part of this segment will see that advertiser’s advertisement on the 顺心彩票.By using this information and these segments, we and our advertising partners are able to present relevant advertisements to you. We will take your previous interactions with advertisements into account when determining whether to present you with subsequent advertisements and in subsequent segmentation efforts. This is another way that we try to avoid providing you with advertisements that are not of interest to you.ResearchGate might also re-target you with advertisements of our advertising partners on third-party platforms. For this re-targeting, we don’t share any of your personal data with our advertising partners. Rather, we provide Google DV 360 (see below) with an anonymized (i.e. hashed) value of your ResearchGate cookie ID. Google DV 360 might have the same hash value already in its systems, received from a third-party platform. Whenever this is the case, we could present you with an advertisement from one of our advertising partners on a third-party platform.You can opt out from receiving cookie-based tailored advertisements on the 顺心彩票 and retargeting at any time, by clicking . Note that this opt out will place a cookie on your device so we can remember your choice, which means if you delete your cookies at any point in time, you would have to opt out again.Please also note that opting out from ResearchGate cookie-based tailored advertising will not have the effect of disabling advertisements completely. For the delivery of advertisements, we will still take into account the context of the page you are currently visiting and personalize advertisements based on information other than cookie-based information.Information about the respective cookies we are using for ResearchGate served advertisements can be found in the cookie table above.
- Logged-out experienceA great amount of information, particularly publication pages and the Q&A section of our 顺心彩票, are available also for Visitors. These parts of our 顺心彩票 are also free for everyone. As a result, logged-out Visitors will find advertisements there.Primarily, ResearchGate enables third-party networks and platforms with which we have a business relationship to disseminate advertisements on the 顺心彩票.For each of those third parties, their technology, data processing and purposes, we may ask you for your explicit consent. We do so with the help of our consent modal. Here’s how to navigate it:
- Under "More options" – "Third party vendors" you will find a list of purposes and respective descriptions. Each party we allow to display advertisements on the 顺心彩票 is listed in all categories that their data processing falls under. Clicking on "View Companies" will open the respective list of companies.
- Under "More options" – "Other" you will find the description of Google’s services currently used by ResearchGate. Google is also working with technology and business partners that can be found when you click on "View companies".
- "Features" and their respective descriptions cover such data uses or data sourcing that overlap across multiple purposes. Information about a specific vendor will provide you with information about whether that vendor applies those features.
- Most important for you: unless you granted consent to those third-party technologies, purposes and features by clicking "Accept" in our consent modal, "Third party vendors", Google and their partners ("Other"), will only be able to process very limited personal data and only if they can claim legitimate interest to do so. You can check if a third party claims legitimate interest by visiting the vendor-specific details within the consent modal.
- The default choice is that all vendors are disabled.
- Besides the options "I accept", "Accept all", and "Reject all", you can also choose to only opt in for certain purposes or certain vendors.
- At any time, you can withdraw any consent given or modify your consent. You can do so by re-prompting the consent modal by .
- Please note: even if you have not provided your consent to any of the listed third-party vendors, you will still be presented with advertisements, but such advertisements will not be tailored to you.
Our use of Google Analytics is also administered by the consent modal as described at Advertisements on ResearchGate.In addition, each of the following services is provided by Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.You can opt out from the following Google services using this link:
If you are a Californian resident, please click to limit Google’s ability to use your personal data for the serving of personalized ads.
- Google Tag Manager is a solution that allows us to manage website tags through one interface. The Tag Manager itself is a cookie-less domain and does not collect personal data. The tool triggers other tags that may collect personal data. Google Tag Manager does not access this data.
- We use Google DV 360, including the tool "Display & Video" to be able to recognize you on third-party websites. For this purpose, the Google Display & Video 360 will place cookies on your device which will enable recognition of you in the Google advertising network. We are subsequently able to present you advertisements on the basis of your surfing behavior on third-party platforms. This service also enables us to evaluate delivered advertisements and optimize them.
- LotameWe also use the services of Lotame Solutions Inc, 8850 Stanford Blvd., Suite 4000, Columbia, MD 21045, USA. Their service provides us with the capability of creating user segments which can subsequently be used to tailor delivery of advertisements and content to those user segments. Lotame is capable of doing this because it is processing cookie IDs, IP addresses, Non-precise Geo Location Data, and browsing information. Lotame is participating in the EU-US Privacy Shield, effectively safeguarding the European privacy standards also for a US company.
You can opt out from Lotame’s services by visiting this website.
- SafeguardsSome of the third parties with whom your personal data will be shared are located outside of the European Economic Area, in countries whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as those which apply to us.If we transfer your personal data to countries outside of the European Economic Area or which do not offer adequate and similar protection, we will ensure that we do this in accordance with applicable data protection regulations (for example, by putting in place an appropriate data transfer instrument such as the European Standard Contractual Clauses, or, for EU-US data transfers only, in case the respective company is a participant of the EU-US Privacy Shield).
We will do this with a view to ensuring that the level of protection applied to the processing of your personal data in these countries is similar to that applied within the European Economic Area.
- Right of access by the data subject in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can obtain information about the purposes of processing, categories of personal data, categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, planned storage period, and origin of your data if it was not collected directly from you.
- Right to correct inaccurate personal data or complete incomplete data according to Art. 16 GDPR.
- Right to obtain deletion of your personal data stored with us in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, subject to legal or contractual retention periods or other legal obligations or rights which must be observed.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO in the event that: you contest the accuracy of the data; the processing is unlawful but you oppose its deletion; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but you need it for your assertion; it may be relevant to the exercise or defense of legal claims; or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO.
- Right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the stored personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format or request the transfer of this data to another responsible party.
- Right to lodge a complaint with your competent supervisory authority. Your competent authority is the authority at your usual place of residence or the authority competent for us (see below at section 12).
Tel.: +49 30 13889-0
Fax: +49 30 2155050